The Second Phase Of Brain Korea(BK21)
The Second Phase Of Brain Korea(BK21)
Research Manpower Development Center For Mechanical Part Industry
The Research Manpower Development Center for Mechanical Part Industry, which was initiated and is supported by the Ministry of Education & Human Resources Development as the second phase of Brain Korea 21(BK21), plays an import role of specializing and enhancing the research capacity of regional graduate schools, thereby tries to develop regional R&D personnel clusters in local industry. The program is scheduled to continue seven years (from March 2006 till February 2013), with financial support of nearly 5 billion won, that should bring up human resources of professionality and excellence, the major driving force in each country’s pursuit for a global economy and advantage in international competitions.
Dynamic local industry-academic research hub university that supplies high-caliber research human resources for innovation of the local mechanical parts industries, and provides industry-academic cooperative research, education, and information to local industry.
To Prepare for the 21st century intelligence-based society, to foster research personnel in order to develop the local mechanical parts industry, which is the core of the next generation growth engine industries, and to foster research units that serve the local society while continuously promoting industry-academic cooperation.
In order to achieve such project objectives, the following sub-objectives were set for education, research, social services, and curriculum restructuring.
* <Education Sector> Foster problem-solving creative research personnel of the mechanical parts industry
- Implement innovative education models to foster problem-solving creative research personnel
- Customized education tracks in response to education and research
- Strengthen globalization capacities for fostering excellent research human resources globalized
- Cooperate with local businesses to attract and foster outstanding research human resources
- Foster appropriate scale of human resources through early discovery of young research personnel
* <Research Sector> Develop industry-academic research that will lead innovation in mechanical parts industry
- Activate two-way communication network and hot line to find and resolve business problems
- Operate industry-academic joint research center in university to actively solve on-site problems
- Construct general hospital type business problem-solving system (One Roof)
- Selection and concentration through research of mechanical parts sectors
* <Social Service Sector> Information networking of parts industry and active technology transfer
- Collect and provide various data on the parts industry through the Research Institute of Mechanical Engineering & Technology of Yeungnam University
- Multi-faceted efforts for transfer and commercialization of developed technologies
- Operate together with the Gyeongbuk Techno-park Technology Transfer Center, which is an innovative organization
- Active network among subjects for innovation of the parts industry
* <Curriculum Restructuring Section> Restructure customized Curriculum for track response
- Restructure curriculum in response to opening of industry-academic cooperative degree courses (currently peace track)
- Offer curriculum centering on the local parts businesses
- Hold field work during vacations
- For solving real problems, cultivate 'creative integrated engineering experiments' that presents alternatives by making students majoring in different areas organize a team in order to enhance their problem solving skills
- Homepage :
- Tel : +82-53-810-4626
- Fax : +82-53-810-4627
BK21 Display Material and Process Engineering Program
The School of Display and Chemical Engineering(DsChE) at Yeungnam University has been selected as one of the second phase BK21(Brain Korea 21) programs in the Chemical Engineering area, which was supposed to educate the graduate students to provide the creative research resources for the regional IT industries. This program is going to be sponsored strategically by the Korean Ministry of Education and Human Resources as well as the participating industries to perform the industry-university cooperation program. BK21 program has taken off on April 2006 and will continue for 7 years. Display industry has been declared as one of the most important, strategical industries of Daegu/Gyeongbuk area as well as the growth powers of the nation. On the basis of these circumstances the prime goal of our BK21 D-MAP Engineering program is to provide the research manpower for the display industry in our region to make them competitive enough to maintain the leading position continuously by the specialization of the research and education of the graduate school onto the field of the display materials and process.
To accomplish this goal eventually we have launched a world class of progress program of DsChE this year, which will finallize in 2013. According to the program DsChE is going to carry out the specialization, the advancement, and the globalization of graduate education program with the support of the government about US $1 million per year for 7 years (from Mar. 2006 to Feb. 2013).
For education advancement, the DsChE is planning to benchmark University of Delaware in USA and adopt its education system to our program to upgrade our program to the world leading level in IT specialized Chemical Engineering area.
The DsChE is also going to navigate its program intentionally to construct the prototype industry-university cooperation system by benchmarking Kyushu University in Japan. Due to the selection of the chemical engineering program of the BK21 regional program in Daegu/Gyeongbuk area in 2006 the DsChE has become the only chemical engineering department to perform the ABEEK program, NURI program, and the BK21 program in the nation simultaneously. The DsChE hopes to bring a very efficient synergy effect from those three programs to result in the specialization, the advancement, and the globalization of both undergraduate and graduate systems successfully. The DsChE will do its best continuously to concentrate and focus its energy to the recruital of the professor majored with display field, the specialization of education system, and the construction of the excellent industry-academic cooperation program.
VISION AND OBJECTIVES
As a display sector, build specialized graduate school program, cultivate and supply master and doctor level of highly educated human resources with global competitiveness in display materials and processes. In order to practice this, we benchmark the Kuishu University in Japan and the University of Delaware in US, and set them as a real index of second stage of BK 21 business.
Display (LCD, PDP, OLED) industry
- Supply human resources for regional display industry though BK21 business
- Contribute to development of display industry that is core industry of the region
- Necessory to cultivate specialized human resources
- Lack of technical source in materials and processes
- 01.The national growth power for next generation
- 3rd ranking in export sector after Semiconductor and Automobile sector
- 02.Expansion of the world market size
- More weight from IT industry to display industry
- 03.Nuclear busicesses in Kyung-buk area
- Locate the world largest production complex in Gumi area
- 04.Strategic Business for the future
- Competition among the world wide large enterprises to become a market leader
- Homepage :
- Tel : +82-53-810-2510
- Fax : +82-53-810-4631