The Yeungnam University Library has 22 floors, and a basement level in the main building. As an information hub library, it holds more than 1,820,000 books and provides digital services, digital journals, and an online data base with updated academic information.
The University Library is open to the public, in addition to YU students. The main library holds a huge collection of books in liberal arts study and in the social sciences.
Also, there are 3 other branches, including the Law Library, the Science Library, and the Medical Library in Daegu. The libraries will not be open on national holidays nor the University Anniversary on December 22nd.
- for undergraduate students - loaning up to 10 books & returning within 14 days
- for graduate school students - loaning up to 20 books & returning within 30 days
- Materials that have been borrowed by others can be placed on hold so that when they are returned, you will be given preference in checking them out.
- The libraries welcome material purchase requests for items that the libraries do not hold. The online purchase service (SLIMA-ST) can be used to make such requests.
- Librarians provide reference assistance and general information concerning resources and facilities, and explain features of the library systems (SLIMA-ST) and how to search for information.
YU Central Library
HealthCare Service Center provides an excellent health care service for student, faculty and staff, and is affiliated with Yeungnam University Medical Center at Daemyung-dong Campus in Daegu. It works specifically for prevention, early detection and first-aid treatment as well as for the improvement of public health on campus. It regularly conducts physical checkups for students, immunizations, hygienic and health consultation.
It is located on the 1st floor of the Student Support Center. The working hour is 09:00 AM to 05:00 PM, Monday to Friday.
During the semesters
|Family Medicine||Monday to Friday 09:00 to 17:00|
|Neuropsychiatry||Tuesday 13:30 to 16:30|
|Dermatology||Wednesday 13:30 to 16:30|
|Ophthalmology||Friday 13:30 to 16:30|
|Dental care||Tuesday & Friday 09:30 to 16:30|
During the vacations
- Family Medicine (Monday to Friday 10:00 to 17:00) and Dental care(Tuesday & Friday 10:00 to 16:30) are only available.
YU HealthCare Service Center
Contact : +82-53-810-1793
Location : Student Support Center
Computers on campus
Any Yeungnam University students are free to use the computers in the libraries, Global Lounge, each college; wireless internet is available on campus.
For postal services, please visit the Post Office located on the 1st floor in the Amphitheater. Its business hours are from 09:00 to 17:00 during the weekdays.
Contact : +82-53-810-3761, +82-53-811-8246
Location : Amphitheater
The university offers a free shuttle bus services for students on campus, and between the campus and the subway station during weekdays.
on-campus shuttle buses
runs almost every 20 minutes, from 08:00 AM to 5:40 PM.
shuttle buses between the subway station (Banyawol) and the campus
runs almost every 20 minutes, from 07:00 AM to 10:30 PM.
YU IT Services
Access to YU Academic Information System
Wireless LAN Service
This service is provided for e-mail, chatting, games, stocks, and videos via wireless internet at home and the office. There are also hot spots throughout the campus.
Wireless LAN service is available everywhere on Yeungnam University campus and is free for students and faculty.